Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Keeping on track....for more than a day

I have been avoiding updating on here simply because I haven't had a whole lot to say. A lot has been going on this last week with the passing of my Grandmother and her funeral. No matter how well prepared you are when the time comes, it is still heart-wrenching to say those goodbyes.

Overall I did fairly well with eating semi-healthy while out of town. With emotions out of kilter it is hard to not eat emotionally. But I only had a couple sodas over the weekend (mostly to keep me awake for the drive home) and the only time I ate "bad" was Friday night. My boyfriend, Marshall, and I went with some friends to the county fair that night. It was just the thing I needed after a long emotional day at the funeral and with family. We laughed, had fun, and even went on the cheesy Haunted House ride. It was perfect for us because all of us are in the paranormal research group in Casper, WY. I'll say more about it in a later post, but for anyone interested the website is here. Later we went back to the house of our friend Sarah that we were staying with. We ended up staying up far too late (around 3am) drinking wine, laughing, and talking. We even tried a fabulous mead. I love honey wine!

Anyways, I'm back to work and getting back into the swing of things. I am rather proud of myself. I haven't had a soda since this weekend. It is a hard thing for considering I have such a sweet tooth and am a caffeine addict. I have also been eating lots more fruits and veggies this week and I am feeling better for it. I just have to take it one day and one step at a time.

That's all for tonight. Tomorrow I will post more on getting back on track and gym hunting. I will hopefully post soon on the meaning behind the title to the blog and a bit more about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment