Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Slimdown Challenge - The beginning

So a couple weeks ago I had mentioned that I entered a competition that my gym is sponsoring with Chick-fil-A. I got a call yesterday afternoon and I am one of the ten contestants chosen to particpate!!! I am so excited! After I got off work this morning I went by the gym to talk to Bridget and Melanie about all the details and sign some paperwork. I am excited and kind of nervous about it. I really want to do well. They took my picture for my badge and the Facebook page (!!!), a couple more beginning pictures, a short video introducing myself, my initial weight and body measurements, and explained all the details and requirements.

So here are the details:
  • I have to work out at least 3 times per week for 30-60 minutes
  • I have to meet my trainer once a week for training session (separate from my other 3 workouts)
  • I have to eat one meal per day (excluding Sundays) at Chick-fil-a from their Fit and Healthy menu
  • I have to maintain a food and exercise log
  • Weekly weigh-ins are Mondays from 6-7pm. 
I was VERY happy to hear that I get to keep Sandy as my trainer. They were rather amused. I guess Sandy kept going by the offices yesterday asking if they had picked everyone yet. I did leave Sandy a message yesterday after I got the news because I knew she would want to know. She called me back and I swear she is more excited than I am!! So I will be talking to her later in the week to get things set up for my first training with her next week.

I need to think of what goals I want to achieve during this contest. Weight loss is one of them (I have no idea what amount I want to try and lose), but I want something else too. I don't know what though. I have some that I had talked about with Sandy, but those are longer term goals than this contest. I am thinking something along the lines of building more upper body strength since I am such a wimp. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

I guess they are making a Facebook page for the competition. So people can see who the contestants are and urge us on and so we can encourage each other. There is going to be pictures and videos (yuck!) and all that. I really don't like videos of myself. I don't like how I look and I think I look like a dork. But I will be a good sport about it. I will update when I know more about the Facebook page.

Until then I need to just keep working out this week and doing well. I had a good weekend overall, but I didn't eat well. However I was happy to see that I had lost when I got on the scale yesterday morning! Down another 1.5 pounds! Whoo hoo! That brings me down 7 pounds so far this year.

Other than that life is life. I go to work, workout some days, sleep, and spend time with my boyfriend. Luckily my vertigo seems to be clearing up after my visit to the physical therapist yesterday. I will be so glad when that is done and over with!

And I am starting to ramble. So with that I am off to bed!


3 comments:

  1. We're rooting for you; good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an exciting journey Amber! Keep up the hard work and it will pay off! It's exciting to read about your journey through your blog. I've never really "followed" a blog before... so yours is the first!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi!! I am really enjoying writing about it! It feels good to finally put it all out there! I am honored to be the first! Thanks so much for reading!

      Delete