Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

So ready to call it quits tonight

Back in January I started on Ideal Protein. Both of my parents started last year (dad in September and mom in November) and had some good luck on it. One of my fiance's sisters has been on it too. So I figured what the hell, I'll give it a try. The last workout I had with Sandy I was telling her about it, and she encouraged me to look into it.

To date I have lost 30 pounds and 3 pant sizes. I'm thrilled overall.

Tonight I want to quit.

IP is a fairly restrictive diet. The only carbs I get are from the IP food packets, I eat a regular evening meal of protein and veggies, and I have to eat 4 cups of veggies a day. That's a lot of stinking veggies. But I am restricted on veggies. Some I can't have at all because of natural sugar content (squash, potatoes, etc.), and some are restricted to twice a week because of the natural sugar (sugar snap peas, eggplant, etc.).

Tonight I just want to say some nasty words and quit.

I have plateaued for about the past month...and it gets harder each week. Easier to cheat more here and there. Easier to not go for a walk. It's easier for me to give up than keep trying or try harder.

I feel better, but I don't like feeling so restricted but it is what I need to do to allow my body do what it needs to.

I'm down 3 pant sizes.

I want sweet potatoes

My face has gotten thinner to the point my glasses don't like to stay on.

I don't want to spend the money I am spending on my IP foods

My blood pressure is down.

I have every reason to keep going but tonight I just don't give a damn. Some day I will be able to eat what I want again. Yes, I still want cookies, cakes, and candies. I have a horrible sweet tooth and I am a chocoholic. But more than that I want a sandwich. I want CHEESE. I want a glass of milk. God I would kill for a glass of milk right now.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, just reading that makes me want a sandwhich and cheese with a side of milk! lol
    That is really restrictive. I don't think I could do that. Have you tried other diet options, like weight watchers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandwich and cheese...mmmmmm

      Yes it is restrictive, but given the purpose of the diet it needs to be. The purpose is to slow insulin production and therefore fat storage and kick your body into fat burning gear. It is not intended to be a long term diet. I will go into it more in another post.

      It is hard. Any method of a lifestyle change is hard. But as long as it is done right it is very worth it.

      And yes I have tried Weight Watchers :) I have tried a number of things. But this is working for me right now, even if I want to quit sometimes. :)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete