Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Movin' on up

I really wish I had more hours in the day. I would love to have enough time to blog everyday along with everything else I have to do. I enjoy this a lot, but alas I will just have to do it when I can.

Today I started the second week of the Couch to 5K. This is the farthest I have made it so far, and I am very proud of myself. I was really nervous starting out today. I had to run for 90 seconds and walk 2 minutes for 6 cycles or so. I don't know why I was so nervous other than not knowing if I could do all the cycles. I am happy to say that I did!! I started walking a little early on some of them, but I am ok with that. I did around 1.5 miles in 30 minutes. I still have a ways to go, but I am getting there. I have noticed that I run slower in the evenings as opposed to first thing in the morning. Not a big surprise there though.

I also got my new running pants in the mail today too. I didn't like the shorts I had for working out. They work fine for lifting weights, but not so well for running. I got them from Kohl's and I love them. I didn't feel like they were chafing or anything. I am also pleased to have found some plus-size running capris that are also kinda cute.

I also got a t-shirt to wear while running. I will have to try and get a picture of it to show. It says "I run. I am slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run!"

So with that, I am off to bed. It wasn't a great run, but I am happy with how it went and how I am progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment