Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 2 - plugging along

Today I decided to download one of the Couch to 5K apps for my phone. I have used one of the free ones before, but I didn't quite like it. After looking around at different ones I decided to actually buy the app from Active for their C25K training. It is the first app I have bought in YEARS! I am so cheap when it comes to free that I won't download something unless it is free. Unless the ads are really bad I can deal with it. I really liked the app though. Along with an annoying female voice telling me when to run it had a GPS in it. So it ended up being a bit more accurate than using the treadmill at the gym.

Today was so nice that after work Marshall and I did today's run outside at a park not far from the house. Today went a LOT better than Monday. My legs were sore and heavy from the workout on Monday, but not bad. My knee twinged a bit at the beginning too, but it got better. Mostly my body complains at me. But today I was able to run every time I needed to even if I wasn't running much faster than I walk. I was happy with how I did though. 1.52 miles in 30 minutes. I still have several minutes to shave off my time, but it is MUCH better than I thought it would be.

I love going to the park near our house. There's a pond that people either go fishing in or rent one of those peddle boats. With the weather being nice today there was a lot of people watching opportunities. I loved that because I could focus on something other than how much my legs hurt. The funniest one was a guy sitting on a bench swing playing his guitar. As we went past he asked us if we listen to a lot of Judas Priest. I told him no and kept going. I don't listen to a lot of music like Judas Priest for a variety of reasons. Mostly it just sounds like noise to my ears and not music. Anyways, he hollered to Marshall that he looks just like the lead singer. Marshall just looked at him and said, "I do NOT look like Rob Halford!" It just made me laugh.

We came home and put together our new grill. It was a wedding gift and I love it. It is a CharBroil infrared electric grill. It is a small one that fits on our balcony perfectly. Some grilled brats and mushrooms later and we had happy bellies!

I think I am going to go read a bit before bed. I have gotten sucked into a book I bought on the clearance table at Barnes and Noble. It is a novel called Angelology. It is really quite good. Hopefully tomorrow I will have the energy to actually think of taking some pictures to share

No comments:

Post a Comment