Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Well hello there! I still have a blog!

It has been so long since I have posted. It hasn't been that I haven't wanted to. In fact some nights I want to quite a bit. Some nights the words don't come. Sometimes I don't have anything interesting to say. Mostly I haven't wanted to share the thoughts I have had. I've been working through a lot in the last year, and it's been hard.

Honestly I wouldn't have written tonight if it weren't for someone commenting yesterday on one of my last posts.

I realized just how much I missed writing.

So here I sit, listening to music and writing.

As for what has been going on...

I quit doing DDPYoga, and for a lot of reasons. While I enjoyed the workouts, he doesn't do a proper warm up or emphasize proper form. Form is so key when doing yoga so you don't injure yourself. It doesn't matter if it is the most basic poses or a handstand. I got sick of the changing of the names of the poses, it served no purpose other than to assuage the guys who can't stand more feminine words. And the Facebook became a cult. If you weren't eating organic, locally grown, and following the meal plan to a T you were berated. I could go on for a while on it all, but I won't. To put it simply I am putting it behind me. I am going to my local gym and the gym in my complex, eating healthier, and am happy.

I had a lot of mental struggles in the last year and half to two years. Between the death of a childhood friend, parents in and out of the hospital and some of my own issues it was hell. To the point it was affecting my work. The biggest problem was solved when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Once I got on my meds it felt like I had walked out of a fog. I could think and focus again. I had energy again. It was amazing!

As for the rest of my quest for health, I may blog about it more at some point. I'm not really ready to trudge down that rabbit hole yet. Especially tonight.

So, I will focus on happy things.

Next week I am going on vacation and we are taking my nephew for a week. I know he is beyond excited, and honestly so are we. He is a growing nerd, and we need to encourage it. We have a lot of plans, but the highlights are taking him to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science and the Denver Comic Con.

I got my serger sewing machine up and running. There are so many possibilities right now! Clothing for me to wear to work. Costumes for the ren faire, and cosplaying at the comic cons.

I got a promotion at work into a different department. I have so much less stress it is unbelievable, and I really like what I do right now. Yay!

Also coming up are other get togethers with friends and family, my birthday, and general summer fun.

And with that, I'm off to bed. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment